Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Leslie is Home

Even though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death, . . .
I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23: 4a & 6b


My thoughts are with Tyson this morning. He is grieving the death of his young wife. It is almost too much pain and loss to bear. Imagine having to explain to your almost three year old that he won’t see Mommy because she is in heaven with Jesus. Imagine the fear and responsibility of being the only parent for your dear little boy. When that little one sleeps and Tyson is alone, the loneliness will seem crushing. When that little guy makes him laugh, there will still be an empty hole.

My first husband died when he was young. Our children were 10 and 12 years old. I remember saying to God, “I will be okay, but how will these boys survive without their daddy?” Later, I remember saying to God, “The boys are doing okay but I am not going to make it.” I did make it. The boys did more than just survive, they thrived . . . but at times things were hard—very hard. And so I cannot get Tyson off of my heart and mind today.

Please keep Tyson and TJ and the families of Tyson and Leslie in your prayers. God is good. He is faithful and He is the Great Comforter.

No comments: