Nicole posted these questions. So here they are for you. Answer them and post them on your blog or email me your answers. Don't you just love Christmas!
- Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper for gifts under the tree. . .gift bags in a hurry
- Real tree or artificial?
Artificial—pre-lit and this year they actually lit!
- When do you put up the tree?
As soon after Thanksgiving as possible—I am still working on it.
- When do you take the tree down?
On New Years Day or there about
- Do you like eggnog?
Hmm—not much. But I do love a party.
- Favorite gift received as a child
A bed for my doll.
- Do you have a nativity scene?
Lots and lots. I love them all but I do not have any particularly decorative scenes.
- Hardest person to buy for?
Men in general but specifically Bob.
- Easiest person to buy for?
Andy and Amy Rowell
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
We get Wild Alaska Smoked Salmon every year from a very nice and kind person. (I am pretty sure that he is not a blogger.) That is my least favorite gift.
- Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail—I still think it is fun to give and receive cards. I had a cup of coffee this am with 6 cards. It was great. However, my cards are still unfinished.
- Favorite Christmas Movie?
Any feel good and warm and fuzzy—I think probably Miracle on 34th Street.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I would like to say mid November but that came and went this year—soon.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, lots—at our Gisel Christmas Gathering—it is lots of fun.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Candy—those homemade chocolate and burned sugar ones that taste like Heath bars—yummy!
- Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I see more clearly now that I have married Bob.
- Favorite Christmas song?
All of them--well maybe not "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer," probably “Silent Night”
- Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
Home—we used to alternate going every other year to Gisels or Rowells but now we celebrate those on a day other than the 25th.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
“You know Dasher, and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall—the most famous reindeer of all . . .”
- Angel on the tree top or a star?
Absolutely and definitely a star
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Whenever. . .
- Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Others talking about their families all coming home—not really annoying—just sad sometimes.
- What I love most about Christmas?
All of the concerts and gatherings: Our kids coming, Christmas Teas, Wheaton College concert with neighbors, a Chicago musical, Gisel family Christmas, Rowell family Christmas, a progressive dinner. . .
- Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Well. . .I love working for him and helping with surprises.