Thursday, October 28, 2010

Could we give it up sometimes?

On the cruise, Donna, Lou and I thoroughly enjoyed the speakers and entertainment. We were inspired, encouraged, motivated, moved, and challenged in our faith. The humor was gentle, funny and sweet.

Each day, with each speaker and entertainer, we were asked to greet, show appreciation or congratulations by applauding. Each time it was requested, I wanted to do just that. It was a natural response to a full heart.

By the end of the cruise, however, my mind was stumbling a bit over the words that were used for a response. Each and every time, I think without fail, the same words were used: “Let’s give it up for . . .”

On Sunday, I was particularly happy to respond when one of my pastors used the evidently outdated words, simply “Let’s welcome ___________.”


3 comments:

Diana said...

When I think of "Lets give it up for..." I think of a stand-up comedian coming on stage! It does seem a bit strange! Love Di ♥

Bernie said...

"Welcome" is always appropriate Brenda....love it.....:-) Hugs

Rebecca said...

My mind would stumble, also. I'd be tempted to just say, "Let's give it up!"