Thursday, October 2, 2008

Way out of my comfort range!

I KNOW! I can’t believe that I am doing this either! I don’t like merchandizing parties and thought I wouldn’t do this and yet here I am. Never say never . . . So here’s the scoop.

I do LOVE my Juxtaposie purse that I got when I went to a party at my walking partner’s home before Mother’s Day last spring. And I have been surprised how well it has held up under much abuse. I have had it bound to my walker while I have stumbled around with my broken leg. The beaded handle has not suffered at all and still looks great.

Others love my purse and tell me. It's true! And although I did not design it or do anything to deserve any credit for it, I did choose it and so I accept the gracious words of admiration with a smile secretly hiding my own fashion ineptitude.



Now, I will share with you my delightful handbag. I hope that you think it is cute or nice or even practical though I would prefer beautiful.



Two (I know, not ten) people voluntarily told me they would love to go to a Juxtaposie purse party. Really, seriously, they did!


So what could I do? I am inviting anyone to come to my party. Come even if you don't want to purchase a purse but especially and particularly if you would like to have one of these sweet purses. There will be some enticing treats to eat and you will enjoy visiting with some very nice women. And oh, yes, it will be at my home on October 15th which I know is a very long distance for a few of you but I will email you the directions.


I am blaming my weakness in doing this party on the fact that I have not been out so much lately. My own hubby has accused me of acting like a "caged animal" even though the weather outside is still beautiful--really gorgeous!


Another reason to come is that I think you would be helping to rescue and restore Uganda children trafficked for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation. But actually, if that is your purpose, you probably would be better off donating directly rather than by purchasing a purse. However, I do like it that sisters-in-law and co-owners of Juxtaposie Inc., Kristen and Jamie feel strongly about helping others.


Finally, this is possibly, probably, my last time ever to have a merchandizing party--I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda--I want to order a juxtaposie purse, but I won't be able to be there. I'm proud of you, going out of your comfort zone! Donna

Lynn said...

Here I am leaving comments that don't apply to the post, but....I love your new blog decorating!!! I knew you could do it with style! I don't know how you got the dots on your title....adorable! xoxo

Brenda said...

Oh dear Lynn,
I cheated and had Chelsea from Aqua Poppy Designs do it for me. Next time, I will tackle it by myself.