Saturday, April 26, 2008

Introducing the Girls to Their New Home

Beekeeper Bob is a great teacher. It was a great day to watch him install bee packages today. I documented the whole story in small snippits and I am going to share a few. It was a windy day so the videos are a little noisy.

After removing four frames from the deep, Bob shakes a few bees in the bottom of the hive.


The queen is "my girlfriend". She is pretty special.

Bob opens the queen cage and carefully places her on the bottom of the hive. The other bees quickly surround her to care for her. He then shakes the rest of the bees in the hive.




The whole process is fascinating! I do love hearing my beekeeper hubby during each step!



He is happy working with his bees and never ceases to be amazed by them and by the Creator!

O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures.

Psalm 104:24

No comments: