Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Votes Taken . . . Motion Carried

I took up a campaign with hubby some time ago to take all of the grandkids into Chicago at the same time for a Christmas experience. I researched, put together my support team, budgeted, and strategized.

We introduced the kids to a Billy Goat Tavern and some stories about the original place.

Experienced a bit of Daley Plaza

and Christkindlmarket.

Took the Brown Line “L” to Southport


Enjoyed “The Christmas Schooner” at the Mercury Theater

Bought pizza from the Ogilvie food court and Garretts popcorn for the train ride home . . .

No one got hurt.
No one cried.
No one got lost.
At least grand, liked the food
At least grand, liked the play
At least grand, liked riding on the “L”

It is not official yet but I think there will be a 2012 Campaign.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Now that was no small undertaking! You should put up a website and begin marketing your organizational skills to other grandmothers (like me) who'd have NO idea of where to start. SERIOUSLY!

Bernie said...

Well done, I love how you got everyone together and made such a beautiful memory......:-)Hugs