Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Care Package

“Brown paper packages tied up with string, those are a few of my favorite things.”

And I received one this week.


So pretty! What fun! Unearned. Undeserved.

It was from Brenda.

I love it that she shares my name.

I like that we have birthdays in April.

She has a supportive sister and I have two of those as well.

She loves God, loves beauty, loves people! She gets great pleasure from writing, giving gifts, and reading. I do, too!

It is only fitting that I thank her publicly in a forum that we both enjoy—blogging.

Drum roll . . . here it is. A bag created by her sister, Kathy.


It is sewn with care and precision and it is even reversible.

I interrupted my hubby and asked him to take a picture as I left for my volunteer job at Puente del Pueblo. (I usually carry it with the pretty patchwork but wanted to show the reverse . . .)


Brenda says it has a Spanish feel to it.

I agree!

Con muchas gracias!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on your "win"! It DOES have a Spanish flair to it.